Thursday, April 2, 2009

Keep The Window Open, for Johari's sake!

My journey for MBA begins... the journey to IIM-Ahmedabad for my MBA (PGPX to some). I'm on the AA flight 292 from Chicago to New Delhi non-stop. I love the fact that I get to see the North Pole every single time I take this flight. It keeps me awake; so I started penning down some of my ideas and thoughts. I have just left my wife and cute-n-dumb dog behind in Chicago, as we start this journey to create a common dream!

Let me think of a name I'll call it. But before that let me clearly lay down on the table what I'm here for. Is it some additional skillset that I want to learn to become a better manager or a leader? Or is it part of the bigger and deeper master plan? I see this as about rediscovering myself. For now, I don't have a ready answer yet of where this will all lead. I have a "blueprint" of few ideas, but let me call it just that. It's the "holy grail" quest that got me here. I intend to chart out my path to create an experience that lasts a lifetime. Yes, I am going back to school!

I want this to be my window of expression. My wife proclaims my "Johari window" is small and well insulated. I want to seize this moment and let fresh air in. In doing so, I will share some of the aroma from the potpouri of my life at IIM-A. I intend to keep this as a diary of my life here and, in the process, hope to share my impressions of what would be an exciting and challenging discovery!

By the way, I thought of a name; this is dedicated to my wifey and pooch. "Keep the window Open, for Johari's sake; IIMA here I come!"

1 comment:

  1. Guess what, for your journey, I couldn't think of anything better than Shel Silverstein's 'Weird Bird'! :)

    Birds are flyin' south for winter.
    Here's the Weird-Bird headin' north,
    Wings a-flappin', beak a-chatterin',
    Cold head bobbin' back 'n' forth.
    He says, "It's not that I like ice
    Or freezin' winds and snowy ground.
    It's just sometimes it's kind of nice
    To be the only bird in town."

    Now, though you are not the only bird in town, you have taken a decision that is quite like weird bird's (written with a wicked grin)...so make the MOST of that decision and make us proud!

    love.

    ReplyDelete